Sunday, October 20, 2013

HOW I SPENT MY SUMMER(?) VACATION Alright, it's October, not summer, but it was vacation. I believe the point of a vacation, among other things, is to get away from the daily grind and get back refreshed and unstressed. Well, I did get away from the daily office grind and I will go back to work unstressed. Some people go to Europe; some people go to the beach -- I go to thrift stores to find things to sell on Ebay. I know that is not everyone's cup of tea, but it sure is mine. I did a lot of that during these last two weeks. Got some really great things. BUT, I also got some duds and things that I just don't have room to store them. All a learning lesson. There are wonderful groups on Facebook (FB). If you have some things you want to move along, there are Yard Sale group sites. There's probably one for your home town or area. I managed to post a listing for two big bags of neckties for free. I got a response right away and it turns out, the woman lives right around the corner from me. She came over and we talked for about an hour. We're now friends on FB and I may have a new yard sale and/or thrifting buddy. I also got rid of two huge bags of jigsaw puzzles and games -- the deal was: free but you have to take them all. And he did. So my "hoard" is less and I managed to get more organized; learned a ton of new and better ways to do Ebay; sold a bunch of items and still managed to have some fun. Went to two wineries with three other women and had a great time; had a few lunches that were fun; actually relaxed enough to fall asleep on my couch (actually a love seat -- so that's no easy feat, let me tell you). As I end my two weeks from the office, I take away the knowledge that when I retire in about 970 days, I'm confident that I will have a thriving business of my own to supplement Social Security and pensions. Now that is one good reason for being "unstressed". Back to reality in the morning, but for now...vacation is wonderful!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment